Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 27, 2016

Hello World! (Yeah that's Sword Art...)

Hey everyone! We're back with an awesome adventure of Elder Farr's craziness.

So as you know from last week, we are in the office. Yep, it's been insane and I've been working so hard to get all our office jobs completed so we can also do missionary work. We are really excited because Brother Ng will get baptized soon. The 10th, pray for him. He's right on target and he's doing so well, and we are so happy and I am so humbled and blessed to be able to teach him. He's been searching for the truth for a long time now. I love teaching and learning with him as he strives to make the baptismal covenant.

Alright, into the fun stuff. So in the temple we have been doing a lot of fun stuff, and I've been enjoying myself. Our workouts are killer, and we are able to constantly keep each other in check by hitting. It's been pretty awesome. It makes me laugh, anyway. :P Elder Chan's English is improving, here are some of the words he's learned (Warning, I didn't teach him any of these)

Plump
"You have too much fat on your body"
"I think Marriage is the grave of love"

Yeah. I don't really know how he learned that. Actually, he was just reading a phrase book. I have no idea why that's in there but in case you're unhappy with your marriage and want to vent to Elder Chan, his English now has all of the vocabulary for it! Hahaha!

Honestly, it just feels like such a blessing to be serving in such a good place. This is the best place in the whole world and I'm truly blessed to know all of the people here. I cannot wait to continue serving and working hard to help other people to come unto Christ. Thank you all for your support and love, and I'll see you next week. :)

--Elder Chance Farr

Other stuff:

Elder Chan tried to make his own translation, because we like to hit each other all the time in the temple so he decided to translate a sentence. It came out as "SHOW ME YOUR BUTT!" Man that was probably the best thing that happened in the office. "SHOW ME YOUR BUTT!" Just like that. And now the whole temple is saying it. Yeah, we did a good thing.

And when I got after him for goofing around in the temple:

Haha, don't worry mom, it's not making the temple irreverent. We are saying it with love. ;) We also always call each other "DU" which is actually in a dialect of Chinese called Huo Jia Wen (That's Mandarin Pin yin) for "Pig". Super funny.

I told him not to teach Elder Chan anything naughty...

Yeah, we didn't teach him any bad words. The worst thing we taught him was "come out of the closet" and he knows what it means.

Soon we will have new missionaries in, so we are working super furiously to take care of them!

This is a picture of (left to right) Elders Tseng, Farr and Chan posted on the China Hong Kong Mission page that Elder Farr helps moderate. If you'd like to link to it through Facebook, it's here: https://www.facebook.com/LDS.SSPW.lampoil/

Elders Farr and Tseng

Not entirely sure who these guys are, Elder Farr didn't elaborate at all.

Elder Farr contacting people

Mmmmm... fooooood....

I've been asking for a name tag picture, this is what I got! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment