Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, 2015

Hallo!! #Miracles

Hey everyone, first things first: yes, I wrote Hallo because that's really how it sounds here. :) It's definitely a ha, not a he. :)

So this week has been awesome, it's been a lovely time all around and we are excited! But first, let us get into it!

So this week, we met with Norton a lot to prepare for his baptismal interview. It's interesting because some days he has such a strong testimony, and sometimes he's kind of not caring about it. That wasn't how this week went, he was really just ready. That made us excited and he passed his baptismal interview. So this Sunday Norton will be baptized. After working so hard, I'll be honest, this does feel good. But it's not about me at all. It's so awesome to know Norton and see that the Lord does have a "Field [that is] white, already to harvest" in Hong Kong China. I feel so blessed to serve here and to help these people come unto Christ.

2 Miracles of the week:
Okay: so in our ward we have a less active named Lahm daat han. He served a mission in Arizona but we aren't sure exactly why he's less active now. So one of his sons has the priesthood and passes the sacrament every week, or rather often. And his brother, who is 10 years old is not baptized. Apparently he strode into the bishop's office a few weeks ago and asked him how he could be baptized, and told him he wanted to. So this week we got in contact with him and taught the first lesson. It was such a different experience, considering the fact that usually people don't understand the first lesson when you teach it here (Nobody knows anything about God.) but he started asking us questions about Joseph Smith receiving the melchezzidek priesthood (I feel bad but I only know how to spell it in Chinese... :/ ) and what makes our churches different from others. We invited him to be baptized and he said, "Of course I will, why would I have asked the bishop about being baptized if I didn't want to??" So that's exciting. His father is super nice to us, we ate dinner at their place after the lesson and they made us pizza and chili. Like American style, it was so good and they gave it to us to take home!! (Actually the pizza is overall better here. More stuff on top :P )

We also called Au Yeuhng (Kyle) and asked him on Saturday if he could come to church. He was excited to tell us that he is off on Sunday now, and he can come! He came and went for longer than we did, although he did ask us if he could take a picture of the baptismal service held yesterday. (Which we had 2 investigators at. Yeah!!!) and we are excited about him.

The last thing is, today, Yoshi took us out to lunch. Not just a normal thing (I feel bad calling it that because every time Yoshi takes us out it's special) but seriously an all you can eat buffet. The food was all super expensive and pricey but it was all delicious. He took 7 missionaries and Norton to this place and we ate a LOT. Racks of Lamb, Crab legs, Fish, Sushi (cooked kind of course) Drinks, Everything was there.

I told Elder Powell (Elder Merrell's companion) that he'd be on Elder Wilcoxsons team and I'd be on Yoshi's team to eat ice cream challenge. And yes, this was after eating Lamb, Crab, Fish, Sushi, Clam, Oyster, Eel, the whole lot (You should have seen the amount of seafood Yoshi ordered for himself.

From my letter:
Yoshi and I ate 5 cups (of ice cream) each, Elder Wilcoxson ate 3 and Elder Powell ate 1. Hahahaha! Man that was fun, and we took pictures of our ice cream towers. :D

Anyway, that's all I have for you now, and until next time,

DRAGON HORSE ENERGY. :)

--Elder Chance Farr

(A little more? OK....)

Also, 1) Better have my doughnuts. (Probably only my weird brothers and Dad will understand this.)
and 2) This week we did an interview with President Lam, it went really well and when we were buying dinner after in Tai Po, Sister Lam ran right up and was telling us she wanted to pay for our dinner so she kept telling the lady to give her back the money. The lady wouldn't give her back the money I had just given her (Seriously like 1.5 seconds ago, it was hilarious) and so she cracked open her wallet and gave me the money back for my food. We talked about how Sister Lam was the fun parent and Pres. Lam is the serious parent, but in reality they're just both fun. Man I love them! hahah. Then Sister Lam was like, picking on the other two (E. Wilcoxson and E. Chu) like, "How much did you spend?" and as soon as they told her she paid them back. So the best part of this story is really the fact that afterward, I wanted to go back to the shop but sister Lam was buying from there and I didn't want her to pay for any more of my meal so we awkwardly stood there in the street waiting for them to pick and walk away before I could go back up and get my potato bread and custard bread. Mmmmmhhh. :)

An awesome view from where we are at in Ma on Shan

Yoshi's raw fish buffet he ate

the clam I ate today

Our whole crew out here. Look at all that table space occupied. And that was after they had taken most of the plates away :P


Stacks of cups of ice cream we ate after eating the buffet. Yeah, it was totally an add oil moment.

This is one posted to Facebook this morning by Yoshi. Congratulations, ice cream champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment