Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016

Hey everyone!! #RainstormsWithoutUmbrellas

Whomever just looked at my hashtag and thought, "Man, that's a really good band title," (Which was probably none of you) I'm sorry but it's mine. ^.^

So this week was pretty great, we met with Norton 7 times this week and were able to really just resolve concerns with him which was pretty good overall. It was a lot of fun to talk to him, especially because every time we go he gives us a piece of paper that has 9 words on it, and we have to make a picture including 3 words. So basically we make 3 pictures. It's to help his memory I think? He explained it to us, as if you can remember 300 pictures that's 900 words you can keep in your head. Seems neat, but I'll stick to the mind palace, it seems to be working just fine for me. My memory's improved, by the way. I'm sure most of you remember me as a scatterbrained twit, and although I'm still a twit I'm not quite as scatterbrained ;)

So another thing that happened at Norton's was he suddenly brought out a box and asked me to sit. He then locked in basically a bamboo post and told me to lay down. He then pulled my leg up and put it up against the post, so I could stretch out my leg. He's been a Chinese Medicine Massage Therapist (Yes he knows how to do acupuncture, no I've not asked him to do it.) and so he told me that if I can stretch my legs out they won't always be so tight and my legs won't ever hurt again. Sounds good, but the treatment is painful. Basically, I've decided I will be able to do a full splits by the end of my mission. :P

We went over to Tai Po for language pass offs (Of which I passed) and of course when we were trying to get back to Ma On Shan it was super super rainy and stormy. Gam chaahm (So miserable). So we decided it would be more fun to go run and play rather than be peeved about it (Which we were right, it was much more fun). As you can imagine we were jumping through puddles, flying through and saying hello to all of the people on our way out.

So I've decided to start doing video journals rather than writing them, because this is the 21st century. :) So those have been fun.

Other cool stuff that's happened: We have made hot fudge and tried everything in it. I mean everything. Like raw onions. Okay maybe that was just a dare. But Cheetos! Yeah, that wasn't too great either. (He also mentioned that they dunked potatoes, rice and pretzels too. Crazy boys.) Aaanyway, this week's been awesome, hope everyone else's week has been awesome too.

All righty everyone, take care, I love you all, and so does the Savior.

--Elder Farr

 (More from Mom's letter that he wanted me to share:)

We also ate black grass jelly which was delicious (but only because it was covered in unprocessed sugar and evaporated milk :P

Mostly my spiritual experience have to deal with the enabling power of the Atonement. It's funny  how often we assume that the Atonement just heals our sins when in reality it also enables us to be better, to perform miracles, to change our literal nature. We can change who we are through the Atonement. Don't like being anxious all the time? Ask the Lord to give you the enabling power of the Atonement. You don't like eating all the time? Ask for the enabling power of the Atonement. Lots of people must have done that on the street here because whenever we ask them if they've eaten yet they always answer with "Not necessary". "Huh?! Mh sai sik yeh man??" (Huh? You don't have to eat??)

Funny stories:

So we've had twice now where we have literally been sap saai this week (completely soaked) and it's been really funny, actually. I love playing in the rain so of course I didn't miss out on the chance to jump in puddles regardless of my church clothes ;)  (This is SO CHANCE... jumping in puddles regardless of what he's wearing. I can just imagine how wonderful it is for him to have warm weather and rain all the time! He's never going to want to come home :) )

We got to go to the farm and walk around in the water. We collected stones and sifted sand out of ti because Kelvin likes to work green and wants to make more cement. So we got to go play around with minnows in a lake which was pretty fun!

One more note from mom: Norton's baptism has been rescheduled to June 19th because Norton has had a bad ear infection. Please pray for our friend Norton to get better so he can be baptized!

"When you're soaking wet and you're scared they won't let you board the MTR"
(We went to Daaih bo and it rained so hard. We forgot umbrellas so we were literally soaking wet. It was super fun to run through, hahahaha!)

Elder Chu standing next to a happy man.

A giant tea bag full of 5 flower tea. Man that stuff was awesome!!
Don't worry, "flower" tea is the same as "herbal" tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment