Thursday, January 21, 2016

January 20, 2016

Hello Everyone!

My my my, has it been a long week! I've missed P-day (even though it doesn't feel like one because we have a devotional this morning, which kills basically all my time).

The language is insane! It's crazy to think that I learn so quickly, and yet I'm still not even close!! Funny right? I shouldn't learn this quickly. I know it's the spirit helping me.

Everything is going well, my companions are finally learning to get along with the other districts in the new zone, mostly because now our classroom is by them (Curse them taking away our window view! ;) ) And now our residencies are the same. Last night Gui Zhang Lao (Elder Gui in Mandarin) asked Ga Jeung Louh (My companion Elder Caloobanan) if he would show him his "Karate" of which he happily obliged. Gui wanted Ga to hit him, so he said he'd gentle palm him. Gui is so cool, and when he took that hit, he totally had a huge red mark where Elder Caloobanan struck him. Then he did it to Elder Budd (Yes that's his name. ;) ) That was so funny. Also, we got to have a devotional from Sister Kapp Perry, the one who wrote a bunch of the Children's Songbook songs. She's so cool! You can be cool at 80 apparently!

Good luck everyone! Ga yauh (good luck, add oil)
加油!
-方長老

--Elder Chance Farr

Other funny stories this week:

Sister Gomez left her camera in the room charging while she went to teach, which was a mistake. My companions decided to take her camera and go take bathroom selfies, so she now has like 15 pictures of the mirror in the men's bathroom. xD super funny!

So I gave Elder Sagastegui (Elder Gui from the email above) a hug last night, and he was like "Man, I love you Elder Farr" and I decided I'd use a line from one of the movies we watch on Sunday nights: "By the next time we meet, no matter where we are, it will be Zion to me!!!!" Basically both of us were laughing so hard we fell on the floor. +Added bonus on the funny stories, we totally built a snowman at 9:30 at night, I'll send tons of pictures because I have a lot of them.

And here's the story about the almost-brawl before they changed to the new branch and new dormitory:

So we were in our old building, and we had Argentina missionaries on the bottom floor. They were always rowdy and obnoxious (like howling like monkeys at the top of their lungs during quiet time and beating their desks and singing literally all night, none of us could sleep!) but they decided to run through the 2nd floor with a HK flag tied around their neck (IDK where they got it) and screaming at the top of their lungs. Why? I don't know. But Elder Vo (who's ex-military and one of his ears are deformed from a mine) and Elder Walker (who also served in the military) and Elder Tanner (which I love, he's so funny and such a good friend (but I love them all!)) (Elder Tanner is just super buff) all got so mad, they went down there and were yelling at them, and they started talking fighting words, but I stepped in and tried to hold Elder Tanner back, and Elder Vo had some from his Vietnamese branch, and Elder Walker restrained himself. I'm pretty sure none of those Argentinians would have survived a fight with those three. Like, they're Conan the Barbarian buff. they're scary. I love them to death though and I miss them.

This is our district with Lau ji mui (Sister Lau). She's our teacher, she's from HK and we keep joking with her because if you change the tone on her name she turns into Sister Angry. Elder Harding is very sarcastic and she's so funny, any time he's sarcastic she slaps her hands together like "I'm gonna slap you!" or she'll just give him this look and one of her eyes will twitch. She's so animated, so I totally relate to her in that way, because I'm an animated person! I love Lau jimui, she's our favorite teacher (other than Si hingdaih. We like them all. ;) ) She helps so much with Jung mahn. She's one of the nicest people and I'm glad we have met her.

This picture is for my sister. See? I wore the tie!

 This is everyone sliding around in the snow like crazy people.

This was our snowman when it's head fell off. Some Elder going somewhere in the States had this bag and this ice cream and he just stuck it in. It looked like a great picture so I took it xD

 This is me as a snowman, he's frowning because he's at the MTC and not in the field ;) Seriously though. MTC is Mh hou / Bu hao / Not good :) jkjk!
Elder Harding kissing the snowman him xD

No comments:

Post a Comment