Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 24, 2016

Weekly Update: Miracles (Yeah I say miracles a lot they just happen..)

Hey all! How has your week been? I hope it's been wonderful and you took some time to build a closer relationship to your Savior. This has been an awesome experience over here, so I'll just dive right in (As I always seem to do.)

Anyways, so this week we had a few awesome things happen. First, we have decided we are going to continue translating Mormon Messages, and that it would fall under my jurisdiction. So I am now in charge of translating Mormon Messages and sending them to the area office for checking. That's so cool! I'm so excited and looking forward to taking care of these things. Luckily I have my companion to help with the characters. :P

Our investigators have been progressing well, we actually talked to Brother Ng about wearing the appropriate shirts to church and he just straight up testified of what we were saying and committed himself to it. It was truly amazing. We taught A Ling and she has so many questions. She's been trying to understand the need for a prophet, and how the prophet can really help us. But she's willing to ask and to listen, so I have no doubts for her future. She is definitely meant to enter the church at this time.

We had an awesome lesson with Rainbow in which she felt the spirit, I know that she will be able to progress and grow quickly. Some people are just prepared.

As far as new investigators, we have Nadeem. Nadeem actually just walked up and knocked on the office door, asking us how to join and how to come to our church. He is blind and his ancestry is Pakistan, he has grown up in Hong Kong, so his Cantonese is really good, and I'm super happy about it.

Today, actually, is not P Day. Woah! But we were asked to email today. We are going to the Temple on Wednesday! Super excited, of course.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I hope to see you soon! See ya next time!

--Elder Chance Farr

Funny stories:

So this week all of my work has been piling up super hard, because we just added about 10 more responsibilities to my list, although Pres. Lam knows I'm so busy and that I'm stressed, so he told me to "Maahn Maahn Haahng". Whatever that means. JK, it means to walk slowly. So I have been moving super fast, trying to keep from falling short. But I took the Lord out of it. Whoops, that was stupid. Anyway, I've realized this week that if you plead with the Lord to help you he will, he'll take care of you every time.

The Assistants, Elder Chan and I got into a rubber band fight, I came out with one lash, Elder Wooley and Elder Hui with two, and Elder Chan with 6 and a welt. Yeah, it was fun XD

I told him he must have been sneaky to have gotten away with only one lash, he said this:

Yeah, well President Lam has taught us that, "If you want to beat the devil you must be as wise and cunning as a serpent." Which is in the scriptures. That was him giving us permission to be sneaky :)

So we have been trying to pretend things are slang when they're really not, so we taught Elder Chan that "Reaction" means "Good Looking Guy." So we have been calling everyone in the temple apartment a reaction. It's super hilarious. He also learned "Bladder" but he keeps saying Brother because his accent's not amazing XD He kept going "BROTHER" and I'd be like, "BLADDER!!" He'd be like "BROOOTHHHEEEERRR" and I'd be like "BLADDERRRR! HERE STICK YOUR TONGUE OUT" and he's like "BLAAATHER." Yeah, that's fun.

I scream for....


No comments:

Post a Comment