Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016

Hey Everyone!! #The 4th (Last week)

Hey everyone, so we have had an awesome time here in Sham Shui Po! I suppose we can get into it! :)

So first on Monday we had a lot of experience after we were done emailing, and we first went over to a nice place called Dan Ryan's for eating. (Is it just me, or can he not speak English normally??) We had a recent convert there with us, and I really like this guy. His name is Jason, and he's really awesome. He's such a nice guy and he acts just like we were missionaries with hugs and stuff. Really good man who was really just looking for some friends when he started meeting with the missionaries but now has so much more. He's so proud of his membership and he's such a good fellow-shipper. We also played board games which was lovely, and then we also made pies. This week has been super crazy, we've been searching out a new apartment in Wan Chai, so we have been all the way down there a few times. We have looked at so many apartments I can't even keep my thoughts about them straight. We also have been fixing up apartments, doorknobs, hinges, anything. So by the time I come home I really will be able to fix anything. It's interesting how I always thought my computer skills wouldn't come in handy here. So often I had a lot of times now that it's just come in handy. It's amazing how the Lord really qualifies those who he calls. I still feel unqualified but I will continue to work. Good luck in all your endeavors my friends, and as always, Ga yauh (Add oil!)

Oh also, I've been starting to learn characters. I'm up to 100, it is quite fun
我是神的仔

See you next week!

--Elder Chance Farr

I gained 20 lbs in Ma On Shan (and now I'm trying to lose some), every time I had people our family picture in the barn, they're like, "Man you were so good looking in this picture!" Yeah. XD So funny!

We made the pie and it was amazing!! Oh my goodness it was seriously the bomb.com. Everyone enjoyed it and we have been eating it like non stop. It made so much so fast! It was so much pie.

Day-to-day life as an office elder:
We wake up, do studies and then come to the office, where we do office work for however long we need. Mostly we just try to schedule lessons during meals and then meet with the people. We still want to have a proselyting spirit, but we don't do it nearly as often as we used to because we have so many things that we need to do. Mostly I've been trying to just keep up on all of this stuff, Sister Lam loves to give new projects ;) It all varies so much, it just depends on how we schedule. In the office, what we do is completely up to us, and therefore, we have to be maximizing efficiency. Always moving, always pushing. I'm getting super used to being extremely efficient, so I'm hoping this will continue in my life.

So I haven't eaten too weird, but I did make myself fish balls (octopus and cuttlefish) Yeah, that was delicious. They are not like meatballs :P It's something I've learned to cook here. We also ate Mao Pu Dao Fu again. It has this taste that reminds me of home from like forever, it's got this Gu Jin Pepper sauce. When I smell it, it reminds me of Christmas in like 2011 and playing Maplestory. I do not know why.

We have been playing a lot of basketball for workouts in the mornings, and it's been a lot of fun. Elder Hui is really good, and he's one who does not like compliments. He's so funny. His companion and I have been constantly calling him #theHui and saying things like, "140 pounds of perfection" and stuff. Seriously great.

We've taught 12 people between the 2 companionships in this ward. Man, we have been working so hard and it really pays off, even though both the companionships here have office responsibilities (the APs and us).

Here are this week's pictures. I'm about to tell Elder Farr that the only pictures I want of food is if the food is on his face, so I can get more pictures of the kid and less of the food!

He gave no explanation for these, but I'm pretty sure they're from lunch on July 4th :)






No comments:

Post a Comment