Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 8, 2016

Hey Everyone #Mothersday/Attack of the living Mold

Hey everyone! Here's me, just shooting out another email like I always am, it seems. Always nice to send out another one :) :) Keep on everyone!

So last Monday we went to #7 and I bought a nice watch, which is now broken (Luckily I have a warranty so it's not too bad :P) And of course that was fantastic, but on Wednesday we met with Yoshi. There is seriously nothing bad to say about Yoshi, There's nothing you can even think of, he's just that good of a guy. So he treated me out for my birthday, which was very nice of him and I appreciate it deeply. We had a birthday cake and he sent me an awesome Sword Art Online pin. Proudly hanging in my room now where I can see it occasionally! He ate with us and of course we ate until we were more than full, and then a cake came out, and after that ice cream. It was one of the best things I've ever had for my birthday!!

We also got to meet with Bryan, who can't get baptized right now because his wife doesn't want him to. They still have a good relationship despite that, which is good, and he truly truly is ready. It's so heartbreaking but I'm sure he will ga yauh, he'll press on and we are working to help him share the gospel with her as well. We got to meet with a member on his birthday when he told us that he's had trouble sleeping and asked us for a priesthood blessing. Of course, both of my companions (Older than me in the mission and in age) looked right at me and said, "Of course, Elder Farr will do it." I nervously got up and pronounced a blessing in my Cantonese, hoping that it would just be comprehensible let alone good. It seemed that this member's mom and him both really were excited about the blessing and I'm hoping it can help them.

So this last week I was asked if I was half Asian.... Interesting. :)

As we were walking around, we started talking to people and one old lady stopped us and told us that she could read even though she was 95, and proceeded to read the newspaper to us. Afterward she "Chenged us sihk tohng" which means that she invited us to eat candy. Woah, it tasted so gross but she didn't know that. Seriously, sometimes the candy is terrible.

In other news, someone asked Elder Chu why he was hanging out with two oi gwok yahn, or foreigners. "Ngoh Haih Keuih Deih ge go go," I'm their older brother, was his reply. "Adopted of course!" and of course they believed him after that. Hahaha, they were so confused at why we were laughing, none of us were prepared for that. :P

After eating fish guts, and then going to eat pizza, we have been eating really well over here and I'm sure I've gained weight.

Thanks everyone for everything that you send me. I truly appreciate it all! :) :)

Thanks so much!

--Elder Farr

All the pictures I have lately are from Yoshi, since Elder Farr keeps forgetting his camera at home when he emails. Thanks so much Yoshi! Here's the most recent:

I got this one just yesterday, Chance told us on Mother's Day that they were meeting with Yoshi and were actually going to eat Chinese food - he usually takes them to Korean or Japanese :)


From Yoshi's Facebook post, because he's hilarious:

Elder Farr's birthday.

I bought the cake. I planned to take it to the restaurant first. On the road I saw the Elders. I ran into another route. I reached the restaurant. I asked a waitress for help. I put the cake into a refrigerator. I ran back to the train station. I met the elders. I had food with them. We had the cake as a surprise. I managed primary school level English... Haha :D

Hooray for birthday cake!

Birthday Dinner, Elders Farr, Chu and Wilcoxson

Now THAT is a birthday dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment