Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 3, 2016

Hey everyone! Transfers!

Well it's been another week, which came and went very fast. I'm surprised I'm already back at the apple store sending another email (Macintosh... Eww...) It's all good though because I'm just sending emails, there's nothing else to do xD

So let's get right into it shall we?

So last p-day we went out to eat Korean Barbecue. I'm not sure if any of you have tried it but seriously it's fantastic. It's the weirdest thing, you basically get raw meats that have been marinated and then sit down at a table with a grill on it. You put the food in the grill and cook it yourself, and it's a $20 buffet ($150 HKD). It was pretty great, for sure. I enjoyed the food and they did have some things with sweetened condensed milk inside (My weakness!) So I may have eaten 5 or 12. :)

This week we had transfers, so Elder Merrell moved to Tai Wai, and I stayed in Ma On Shan with the other two elders who live in my apartment (Elder Wilcoxson and Elder Chu). It doesn't feel like too much of a change except I don't go finding with Elder Merrell anymore, it's with the other elders instead. It's a bit weird, Elder Merrell is awesome and so are these companions. :):)

Funny story: So we went to visit Norton the day Elder Merrell learned he was moving and we went up to sit by him at his house. We were talking back and forth and Elder Merrell was feeling pretty sad that he's leaving Norton before Norton gets baptized. So Elder Merrell was bearing his testimony to Norton before he told him and said, "I know that this friendship--" and was cut off when Norton said, "Come on!! We aren't friends." We stopped for a sec and he continued with, "We are brothers." Wow, that was an awesome experience. And then Elder Merrell told him he was moving to Tai Wai and Norton was like, "Oh come on!! That's not that far, I'll come over and see you every week at Sha Tin English class! We'll have a tea, have a Keg!" I'm pretty sure he means what HK people call "Yam Chah" or drink tea. Which is really just like a lunch thing. So funny.

Also, I may have hit my companion on the first day he was my companion with projectile Mango juice. :)

We have had so many awesome experiences as we work hard to help Norton understand more fully the Book of Mormon, and it's been a real treasure to see his testimony be strengthened, and gain a true conviction of the Book of Mormon. He told us these days he reads at least 2 chapters a day, and finds it very interesting. He's been strong and he's going to keep on being strong. There have been so many experiences that I can feel the spirit and things will truly touch our hearts that I could not count them all up. It's been wonderful to serve here and I'm excited to keep doing so.

Well everyone, Ga yauh.

Love you all!

--Elder Farr

(P.S. DEVIN AND BROOKLYN! LILITH IS SO CUTE!!)

Oh also, thanks for all of the birthday wishes everyone. Super appreciate them all. :):) You all are the best!! :):)

Sorry, no pictures this week :(

Also just wanted to note that one of Chance's good friends, Ian Taylor, who is also serving in HK, was just transferred to Chance's district. Hooray for Springville boys together in Hong Kong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment