Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 17, 2016

Hey everyone! The last week in the MTC!

Hey everyone, how is everyone all doing? We are all doing pretty good considering we are about to leave the MTC and serve in Hong Kong, only the best mission in the world (Sorry every other missionary on this list)

I'm so looking forward to sharing this gospel with all of them and I can't wait to be there working desperately to help other people understand the joys of the gospel that I have felt. Repentance is such a beautiful thing, it's funny how we all sometimes think that it's super bad but it's not it's a lovely thing that we get the opportunity to do that and change who we are as people, I know I've needed it in my life and so does everyone.

Funny story of the week: So when you say "ji wai yuh" it means the Word of Wisdom, but if you say it with a slightly different tonality (Up instead of a bit of a bounce) then it turns into "Wisdom Fish". Once upon a time Brother Barker was teaching a lesson to an investigator in Hong Kong and asked the member present to draw a picture of what he thinks "Ji wai yuh" is. The investigator responded quickly, drawing a fish with a graduation cap on! Hahahaha! How awesome is that!

Everything is awesome here, and the spiritual knowledge I have learned is that the spirit works with your talents. I like to listen to people, so when I feel the gift of tongues I feel like I can understand incredibly well. That's all folks, catch you on the flip side!

Elder Farr

Other stuff:
The other day we were talking about Si tou, which is apostle. But if you say it with different tonality, it becomes "esophagus".

I'm striving to be the best person I can possibly be! Even though we all make mistakes sometimes we all get on the path once more. :) Still pushing through, I'm 1/12 done. see you in 11/12ths!

We were teaching Skype TRC and it was super amazing, which means we Skype someone and teach a member a lesson. We taught all about revelation through the Book of Mormon and how it can help and change our lives. She was one of our teacher's best friends and she told our teacher that she's been going through depression and a lot of hard things but our message helped her SO MUCH! I feel so blessed that the Lord would include me in his miracles and I'm so happy that everything is happening so quickly.

I'm Ready to Go... aka the Panic! at the Disco song :)

No pictures of his face this week, if I had his butt here I would just kick it. Here's some awesome photos though....


Elder Farr's flight itinerary -- hope things go as smoothly as this!

Finally got the magic name tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment