Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 10, 2016

11 days and counting!

Man has this been a long week in the MTC! How's everyone doing back home?

It's been such a long time here in the MTC but mostly I believe that's because I am ready to leave for Hong Kong (Except for the language bit... I'll get to that later.)

I'm so happy I'm here because I have been able to learn so much while I stayed here. The Lord know I'd need the lessons I'm getting (and the language too) so he called me to stay for this amount of time and I am happy for that. Life is always stressful but when we do everything unto the Lord He will help us and keep us from feeling that stress to a point we can't do it. He loves us and He wants us to succeed in whatever we are doing, isn't it great then that we get to do the Lord's work.

So for the funny story, my companion got a computer mouse (mao si) and cat poop (Mao sih) mixed up the other day, and our teachers couldn't stop laughing. All of us couldn't help it after Jong hing daai busted out laughing, because we'd never seen him laugh that hard before.

Today was an awesome temple trip, I learned even more about the Savior and I feel that I am able to do all things again. I always need that :)

I only have technically 11 days (if you count midnight to 3:30am as a day) and I am so ready to be gone. I know I will miss all of the people I have met here but I already have their contact info so I will again speak to them I'm sure. :)

Good luck everyone, and keep the faith!

Ga yauh!
-方長老

Elder Chance Farr

Extra stuff:
All of my best friends in the MTC left on Chinese New Year, so we had a going away party. President Newell wasn't super happy when he came in, but he didn't stop us. We ate donuts, chips and salsa and basically whatever treats we wanted, helped the Elders pack, and I told them stories.

So about all the people who left on Monday, it was one of the hardest things. Elder White, Elder Hatch, Elder Sagastegui, Elder Heath were all such awesome people and I'm so sad they're gone, but also super happy because they're in Taiwan right now. They're where they need to be and they're gonna serve SO HARD! I'm so happy for them, and I can't wait to follow in their footsteps.

Everything in the entire world points to Christ and Heavenly Father, so look for those things. Also, repentance is the best gift we've ever been given. In Utah people shun people who repent but we all have to do it every day. I've made it a goal to find 5 things I need to repent for daily because we all faan jeuih (commit sin)

This is me, Elder White and Elder Sagastegui. These are some of my best friends I've met here, I love them to death and I've enjoyed the experience I had with them. this picture sometimes summarizes us, and that's laughing for me, not crying. ;)

This is Elder Coats and I. I love him, but that photo is basically our relationship in a nutshell :) He's just making a weird face all the time yaknow?

Elder Heath and I

Elder Hatch and I

This is a selfie I took with the elders and sisters at the temple that are leaving! I miss them so much!

This is Elder Hampton, Elder Baxter, Me and sister Lundquist (who is blonde) and Sister Unguez


This is our party for the Elders going to Taiwan/sahn lihn faai lohk


Mom's turn now... here is a video I saw online of some aerial views of Hong Kong.
What an amazingly beautiful place!



No comments:

Post a Comment