Monday, October 3, 2016

October 2, 2016

Elder Farr didn't have time this week to write a mass email because he had to go to Macau to work out a contract for a new missionary apartment, so I'm compiling the newest news from my last email. 
Enjoy!

Rainbow is doing well, and actually A Ling is moving on track, which is odd because her testimony isn't super high but she's keeping the commandments anyway? IDK. It's kind of a weird situation. Brother Chu still needs more work, I believe he's going to need to wait to be baptized. But that's fine because the Lord always takes us from where we are and puts us where we need to be, so I'm not worried that it might take some time. :)

Cool thing I was just refreshing my brain about: In personal study the other day I was studying all about the Atonement and the power that it can bring. Isn't it interesting that the Law required a perfect person, a loving, gentle, meek and intelligent person to sacrifice his life for the rest of ours? That because he was doing everything right he had to save all of us who do it all wrong all the time? I'm so glad that I have a Savior, and that you do too. :) It's something that I think I didn't remember when I was home but now that I'm here I can remember it better I guess. Just a bit of spiritual thought for ya ;) Love it!

Yeah, so story time: So we moved the Sisters back into Tin Shui Wai, and realized that half their stuff is destroyed so we have to replace it all. We were reassembling the beds when everyone told us that they had to go to lessons, so we had to sit and assemble 3 bunk beds by ourselves. I could practically assemble these things with my eyes closed by now, it's super funny. We got done pretty late and went to the Yuen family's house. That was super fun because their son A Kan is a funny guy, he's putting in his mission papers right now and his entire family's hoping he comes to Hong Kong so that I can train him XD

My new shoes are great, although my back has kind of been destroyed these days. I'll be going to the doc's for it soon I think. We'll work all the kinks out :) (Get it? Kinks in my back!)

I totally forgot to mention that my Mandarin is basically awesome now, and that I've learned some Chinese Sign Language. Elder Chan served in a deaf ward and so he learned a bunch. Yeah, my Cantonese is still doing okay. I might be a bit prideful :P

Love you!

--Elder Farr

This instrument is a Chinese Harp.





And if you know Elder Farr, you know he LOVES Panic! at the Disco and Brenden Urie vines... 
So here's a remake!






No comments:

Post a Comment