Monday, August 8, 2016

August 7, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Hey everyone I'm so sorry, I have to go really soon and do not have time to send my mass email. Sorry! :(

I'll just give a quick spiritual message: God knows what he's doing and although we never really understand why the tempest rages on, we must know that God knows why. Fung sam (Relax.) God has it taken care of. Love you all.

Hope everything's good!

--Elder Chance Farr

Just a few more tidbits from Mom's letter:

This wee has been alright, lots of stress and pressure but it's not anything I can't handle. It's fun to wake up every morning determined to destroy your challenges. :) I've decided if you wqake up confident and willing to just bust through the wall, that's when the miracles happen. Of course, we as missionaries always remember that God is the only reason we can burst through each individual challenge, but we are "Entitled to the help and power of the Holy Ghost." Therefore, we can be confident in our ability to succeed.

I got a haircut! Let's just say HKers don't know how to cut white people's hair.

I've been eating grapefruits like crazy here. I have no idea why but they are so delicious these days.

It's interesting because I've been looking at how the mission really magnifies your weaknesses and allows you to clearly see them and know if their presence. There are a lot of times when we are blinded of our weaknesses by pride, and I have a lot. I found this week that one of my main weaknesses is wanting everything to be perfect, and I get harsh when something's important to me. I definitely have a lot to work on! Ya'll know, ya'll probably remember :P (I reminded him that he gets this trait from his DAD! :D)

Monday night to Tuesday afternoon was a level 10 typhoon, so we couldn't go outside for that period of time. That was crazy!

Elder Hui left, wow. :( So hard. He's so awesome!

We got to eat with the Au family! Man, it was awesome. Elder Hui was leaving, so we ate like kings, and A Ling our investigator came. Oh my, was that a blast. There was a honeydew melon that was literally sweeter than the popsicles we ate. How awesome is that?? (I asked if they grew the fruit there, he said that most of the fruit is imported so he doesn't know why it's so amazing.)

We have been teaching a less active member and her little girl, and her little girl is HILARIOUS. Obviously I know how to get along with kids but we are seriously like best friends now. It becomes hard because of the fact that we have to consistently take care of her and make sure we are still teaching stuff, not just playing :)

Brother Chu has a baptismal date (in October) AND came to church! I can't wait to share the Plan of Salvation with him because I know he'll benefit from it so much.

All I can share today is that God calls those who are willing, and we have to be obedient to be chosen. :)

So I forgot to tell you, I totally got to watch them put a new statue of Moroni on the temple. That place where I live. I'm so blessed !! :D:D I'm loving the temple! So here's pictures of that, of the massive amounts of food, and last Monday's surprise cheng out with Yoshi. Also a random shot out of an apartment.

In the picture of us eating it has A Ling (our investigator)! She's in the pink.
















No comments:

Post a Comment